Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Walk

"Yes Master Denowai I will walk with you to the Council chambers." Belda happy stated as she followed behind closely behind me.

As we walked towards the council chambers I reminded myself that she was a padawan, unlike most that I’ve taken on an a padawan, a human and not an elf.

I smiled as we reached the chambers doors and let my thoughts turn towards the events that wait ahead of us. I nodded to the guard as he held open the door for us to go on it.

I knew that the council was waiting on us as I walked towards the center of the room with Belda right behind me. As I turned and bowed my respect to council, I looked towards Belda and saw that she was gazing around the room. Then she stopped and looked towards me and smiled. I smiled politely back and waited for the council meeting to beginning.

I then heard Obi-Wan gently and very lightly "Belda, we would like you to stay, please?"

I was not surprised with the councils request to Belda but she looked so surprised and taken back that she looked towards me. ‘To be that young and not know what it to happen, even on day like today.’ I reminded myself as I nodded yes to her.

I knew the council had their reasons for not telling her why she was to stay, then I heard her say "Yes I will stay, Master Kenobi."

As I waited on the council to start this very daunting meeting, I watched as Youngling Belda’s eyes narrow as I sensed in the force that she had come to understand why she was asked to stay.

No comments: